Broadway Modal, Road improvements, downtown Lyons
Broadway US-36 Eastbound and Multimodal Improvements=== Work continues through November 2023
The latest information from the Town of Lyons is from Nov. 6th: For the week of November 6, 2023 – Crews will work on the following:
• Work continuing on boulder retaining wall on the South side of Broadway between 4th and 5th Avenue
• Preparation and installation of the new sidewalk and curb and gutter on the south side of Broadway
You can check the Town web page for more current information, as it is posted: INFO
Road improvements continue along US-36 Eastbound/Broadway through Lyons. The contractor has installed the sidewalk on the south side of the 300 block and is currently working on the ADA ramps at 3rd Ave and 4th Ave. Work continues on the boulder retaining wall on the South side of Broadway between 4th and 5th Avenue
Major project elements include:
1. Narrower travel lanes to enhance safety for all modes of travel
2. Curb extensions to shorten crossing distances at intersections
3. New sidewalks along the north side of the roadway
4. Addition of public parking spaces along both the northern and southern edges
5. Delivery and service access to businesses along the north side of Broadway
6. Improved bicycle and pedestrian access to downtown, the Library, Sandstone Park, and Black Bear Hole
7. Multimodal pathway along the south side of Broadway
In 2021, this project secured additional funding through the Colorado Department of Transportation ‘s Revitalizing Main Street program. The bulk of the financing is from Transportation Improvement Projects Funding from DRCOG. The Town match is currently estimated to be approximately $61K.
St. Vrain Market parking lot
St. Vrain Market owner, Neil Sullivan, comments:
Your St Vrain Market Parking Lot improvements are complete! Thank you all for your patience the past few months through our demolition of the car wash and improvements of the parking lot. We are excited to offer new and safe parking to our customers.
PLEASE be considerate and adhere to:
– A NEW Handicap parking space has been added!
– Parking is for St Vrain St. Vrain Market, Deli & Bakery customers only.
– The Parking lot is now ONE WAY only
– Please NEVER park directly behind the building in the way of deliveries or in employee parking
Thank you again and please enjoy this wonderful parking new parking lot while shopping at your local St Vrain St. Vrain Market, Deli & Bakery.
Evans St., Lyons, affordable housing
The modal units of pre-fabricated apartments and condos were installed in October; and in November, they worked on the porches, the garage, sidewalks and landscaping. The interior drywall is up, and the appliances and bathroom fixtures are installed. The on-site construction supervisor stated he was impressed that the owner was using quality fixtures, since it was going to be affordable housing. Daniel pointed out things like the frame around the bathroom mirror, and the solid surface of the counters in the kitchen, instead of laminated tops, and the tasteful colors of the cabinets. I found the rooms to be spacious, and lots of windows offering good sunlight; and the duplex had a very large garage and parking area. (A duplex is a house divided into two apartments, with a separate entrance for each.) Snow had delayed some of the outside work.
“We’re excited to already have a healthy list of people expressing interest, but we’re always open to hearing from others,” said owner Leigh Williams. His email is: firstname.lastname@example.org. “We’ll start asking for applications in November, probably for an early December move-in. Applicants won’t have to prove low income, but we’ve promised to keep rents reasonable. We have two 3-bedrooms and seven 1-bedrooms, some of which we reserved at a discount for people who lived there when we started the rebuild. We’re anxious to finish construction and to get people into these homes.”
=NOTE= As of November 13, at the last Lyons Human and Housing Commission meeting: Sarah Triebold of Highland Property Management (email@example.com) in Longmont announced that there were still four two-bedroom townhomes available for rent in Building D at Lyons Valley Townhomes.
Longmont Dam Road bridge
Longmont Dam Road bridge rehabilitation: The second bridge over North St. Vrain Creek on Longmont Dam Road is being rehabilitated. Expect daytime weekday lane closures at the bridge from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Longer delays may be experienced when equipment is being relocated in the construction area. The project is expected to last through November.