Public Hearing – Resolution 2022-19 – a Resolution of The Town Of Lyons,
Colorado Approving or Denying An Application Submitted By Planet Bluegrass,
LLC for a Conditional Use Amending An Existing Conceptual Plan And Related
Keynotes (19680 N. St. Vrain Drive – Planet Bluegrass Farm)
Public Hearing – Resolution 2022-20 – A Resolution of The Town of Lyons,
Colorado Approving or Denying an Application Submitted By Planet Bluegrass,
LLC for a Conditional Use Amending An Existing Site Plan And Related
Keynotes (500 W. Main Street – Planet Bluegrass Ranch)
Resolution 2022-21 A Resolution of The Town of Lyons, Colorado
Approving The Fourth Amendment To The Amendable Letter Of
Understanding (PBG Farm Property)
Resolution 2022-22 A Resolution of The Town of Lyons, Colorado
Approving The Second Amendment To The Amendable Letter Of
Understanding (PBG Ranch Property)
February 23 Meeting took place about the Planet Bluegrass requests for changes to their existing Agreement (5 different documents), separated by “farm” property and “ranch.” ==The attorney gave a detailed, long explanation of the way the process will work. ==The staff report was done by the Administrator. It combined all of the issues, but they were broken down, and attachments were available, as it was too long to read.
2 resolutions conditional use / 2 amendments to letters of understandings / amendments to annexation agreement to the farm.
There are 2 addresses, the ranch and the farm. Both zoned commercial entertainment. Owned by Planet Bluegrass LLC.
(see our last article 2/16/22 for more details.)
Public Spoke: Chrystal DeCoster: supported it based on what good work they have done over the years. Betsy Burton: did not like the damage done to the ground at River Run (but otherwise, they cleaned up great), and they are ok allowing camping near Apple Valley Rd. homes, and an EPA study being done. Kandace Donavan: has seen lots of crowds, noise, lights, music; and the 2017 zoning said it would be a quiet area, and there will be a huge increase in events and attendee numbers; and, why arent tickets and parking taxable? Parker-Johnson (Apple Valley): many of the neighbors want to accommodate the PB; the suggested water line dig is a huge project (based on past experience); does the fence go across the river. Arthur Leland: came here 20 years ago, and, as a musician, he praised PB.
For the first Resolution,
Trustee Lowell added an Amendment: add the old 2017 zoning, because the new requests are not ecological responsible, and the Town’s Plan has a goal that the town adapt natural environments, and this new plan is in the Flood Way. (It failed in vote)
Trustee Browning – there were clear representations made to the public, which includes not developing the grazing area; and, it was to be used to support major events, and a small number of limited minor events, and now with the changes you have made are not what the voters approved. Neither the Planning Commission nor the staff took this 2017 agreement into consideration. I would like UEB advice on the ADU building. A municipal services fee should be discussed, not a camping fee.
Trustee Rogin – suggested that we allow temporary camping this summer in the north section of the farm, and it would allow more time to discuss the complicated requests. (PB says it would have to be on the southern grazing area of 600)
All original motions were struck down, and a new one made:
Motion to replace keynote 5 – (temporary for 2022) allow 600 campers on the south side, and the pedestrian bridge and a fence. // It was withdrawn.
Discussion (before withdrawal)
Simonsen wants to add more things and bring it back in March; but attorney Ditman said you can’t (would be lots more steps). A new Application would require paying the fees again, but the Board could waive those fees. Trustee Browning does not want to start over again, and would like to direct staff to work on it based on what the BOT has said today. Attorney stated a long list of things that would have to be done for this to happen. Trustee Miller wants to approve it tonight rather than everyone go thru this again. (Waugh dropped out at 10:44pm due to health issues) Trustee Rogin – can the Applicant submit a conditional permit review, if we cancel the whole Amendment. Attorney says it would still need the whole process again, but would be quicker. Trustee Browning suggests the staff and applicant can work on it, and bring it back in a week.
Motions: to postpone this item and all other items till March 15th.
Staff and Applicant will work on this over the next week.
All other Resolutions and Discussions were postponed due to the meeting lasting till 10:50 p.m.
Next Meeting: March 15th, Monday, 6 p.m. (note earlier time)
For an in-depth interview of Zack Tucker, Operations Director, who is spearheading the changes, go to our 2/16/22 ARTICLE. See the “Questions and Answers” at the bottom of the article. Plus, additional background material and current discussions.
EDTOR’S NOTES: We are doing a wrap up of the meeting because we wanted to present the diagram of the proposed changes to the public. Future meetings will be online on the Town web site, and the zoom connection is available to the public.