The Lyons Community Foundation is thrilled to announce the 2020 Community Support Grant Awards. Each fall, Lyons-area nonprofit organizations apply for grants that will support the work they will do in the year to come. As a community foundation, LCF’s work consists in raising money to support a diverse range of projects and populations. By offering a centralized source for fundraising, nonprofits can focus on the projects they perform, rather than spend time seeking out funding outside of Lyons. The grant review committee, an anonymous group of area citizens, meets to analyze grant applications and award those whose intent aligns with LCF’s mission to improve the quality of life, build a culture of giving and encourage positive change in the greater Lyons area.
This year, the committee approved more than $31,000 in grants to 14 separate projects. Please follow Lyons Community Foundation on Facebook as we will be posting weekly videos to better explain how the following nonprofits plan to use their grant money to help support our community.
Grant applications received totaled twice this amount. While LCF would like to provide funding for many more projects and scholarships, increased investment by local individuals is necessary. The Lyons Community Foundation had planned a fun color run as a family friendly fundraiser last spring. However, COVID-19 disrupted those plans.
We are asking all residents to consider LCF in their year-end giving by making an online donation to the foundation at www.lyonscf.org. If you prefer to send a check, please watch for our annual appeal holiday card that should arrive in your mailbox the week before Thanksgiving break. firstname.lastname@example.org
LIST OF GRANT AWARDEES
- – Lyons Emergency & Assistance Fund for all of its programs including the Food Pantry, Meals on Wheels, Mental Wellness & Addiction Recovery, Basic Needs & Resource Matching, Lyons Volunteers
- – Lyons Elementary School for its Hydroponic Gardening project
- – Town of Lyons for the Winter Wonderland Concerts and the Parade of Lights Celebration
- – Rocky Mountain Botanic Gardens
- – Lyons Garden Club
- – Lyons Historical Society for the Quarry Exhibit. Book “All About Town” about life of Lavern Johnson (see two photos above)
- – Lyons Arts and Humanities Commission for heARTS Outdoor Art sculptures (two-year rotation) And Creative Outlets (two painted utility boxes)
- – Lyons Middle/Senior High School Booster Club for After Prom